Law review article describing process of passage of SDM legislation Texas.
A toolkit and guide to supported decision-making for people with disabilities and their supporters.
Short video describing SDM in Wisconsin, applicable to anyone interested in SDM.
Provides an overview of guardianship alternatives in Massachusetts including SDM, health care proxies, and powers of attorney. Also provides overview of guardianship in Massachusetts, including information about the rights of individuals who are subject to guardianship.
A special issue of TASH Connections on Supported Decision-Making. Articles include:
- Supported Decision Making and Deinstitutionalization: Lessons Learned from the Autistic Self Advocacy Network’s
Invitational Summit by Kelly Israel
- Supported Decision-Making for People with Disabilities: International Origins and Influences by Robert D. Dinerstein
- Supported Decision-Making: Legal Basis and Practical Application by Robert D. Fleischner
- Reflections on Autonomy by Dohn Hoyle
- Supported Decision-Making in Tennessee by Lauren Pearson
- Supported Decision-Making and Alternatives to Guardianship by Families by Kathy Brill
Wisconsin’s supported decision-making statute. WIS. STAT. ANN. § 52.01(6) (West, Westlaw through 2017 Act 370).
Stories from individuals living in Maine about what guardianship means to them. Includes people who are under guardianship and who are not.
Delaware’s supported decision-making statute. DEL. CODE ANN. tit. 16, § 9403a(8) (West, Westlaw through 82 Laws 2019, ch. 4).
Independent evaluation of year two of CPR and Nonotuck’s initial SDM pilot by Human Services Research Institute.
Independent evaluation of year one of CPR and Nonotuck’s initial SDM pilot by Human Services Research Institute.