Observations on meaning of SDM from parent of individual with I/DD discussing how to address fear and risk.
Manual for people with disabilities and their supporters to help understand how to use SDM. Contains useful tools such as checklists for deciding what type of support is needed in various areas.
A special issue of TASH Connections on Supported Decision-Making. Articles include:
- Supported Decision Making and Deinstitutionalization: Lessons Learned from the Autistic Self Advocacy Network’s
Invitational Summit by Kelly Israel
- Supported Decision-Making for People with Disabilities: International Origins and Influences by Robert D. Dinerstein
- Supported Decision-Making: Legal Basis and Practical Application by Robert D. Fleischner
- Reflections on Autonomy by Dohn Hoyle
- Supported Decision-Making in Tennessee by Lauren Pearson
- Supported Decision-Making and Alternatives to Guardianship by Families by Kathy Brill
This video series from the Minnesota Department of Human Services provides an overview of supported decision-making concepts, a history of guardianship and a discussion of including financial and medical issues.
Comprehensive resource on SDM for the United States. Includes in-depth resource pages on each state’s SDM activities and legislation as well as, up-to-date news on SDM, comprehensive resource library, and stories of SDM.