A nationally targeted guide to using advanced directives for psychiatric care.
Website of the Supported Decision-Making New York pilot project. Contains resource library and information for a range of audiences.
News article describing first woman in Indiana to regain decision-making rights in favor of SDM.
See also article in Indiana Lawyer.
Disability Services Reform Amendment Act of 2018 of the District Columbia establishing supported decision-making in the District.
Law review article describing process of passage of SDM legislation Texas.
Short video describing SDM in Wisconsin, applicable to anyone interested in SDM.
Links to videos where people in Australia explain how SDM has worked for them; how to provide individualized, meaningful support; and addressing an individual’s communication needs.
Provides an overview of guardianship alternatives in Massachusetts including SDM, health care proxies, and powers of attorney. Also provides overview of guardianship in Massachusetts, including information about the rights of individuals who are subject to guardianship.
A special issue of TASH Connections on Supported Decision-Making. Articles include:
- Supported Decision Making and Deinstitutionalization: Lessons Learned from the Autistic Self Advocacy Network’s
Invitational Summit by Kelly Israel
- Supported Decision-Making for People with Disabilities: International Origins and Influences by Robert D. Dinerstein
- Supported Decision-Making: Legal Basis and Practical Application by Robert D. Fleischner
- Reflections on Autonomy by Dohn Hoyle
- Supported Decision-Making in Tennessee by Lauren Pearson
- Supported Decision-Making and Alternatives to Guardianship by Families by Kathy Brill