Website of the Supported Decision-Making New York pilot project. Contains resource library and information for a range of audiences.
Tag: SDM 101
Discussion of what is SDM by Michael Kendrick of CPR.
Video with Michael Kendrick of CPR discussing SDM policy, best practices, and history of the movement toward the use of SDM.
Short video describing SDM in Wisconsin, applicable to anyone interested in SDM.
A special issue of TASH Connections on Supported Decision-Making. Articles include:
- Supported Decision Making and Deinstitutionalization: Lessons Learned from the Autistic Self Advocacy Network’s
Invitational Summit by Kelly Israel
- Supported Decision-Making for People with Disabilities: International Origins and Influences by Robert D. Dinerstein
- Supported Decision-Making: Legal Basis and Practical Application by Robert D. Fleischner
- Reflections on Autonomy by Dohn Hoyle
- Supported Decision-Making in Tennessee by Lauren Pearson
- Supported Decision-Making and Alternatives to Guardianship by Families by Kathy Brill
This video series from the Minnesota Department of Human Services provides an overview of supported decision-making concepts, a history of guardianship and a discussion of including financial and medical issues.
Four videos on Alternatives to Guardianship and the Promises of Supported Decision Making ACLU and from UC Davis MIND Institute describing SDM, positioning it as an alternative to guardianship, and offering advice regarding putting SDM into practice. (Note that playlist also links to other UC Davis MIND Institute Videos)
- Supported Decision-Making: Protecting Rights and Ensuring Choices
- 5 Reasons to Rethink Guardianship
- What Supported Decision-Making is and why it Matters?
- Using Supported Decision-Making: a Step-by-Step Guide
Trailer for training module on supported decision-making from Open Future Learning. Includes presentations from supporter Malia Carlotto who participated in CPR’s first pilot supporting her son Cory, and CPR staff Michael Kendrick and Bob Fleischner. Find supported decision-making module available for purchase on this page.
Stories from Delaware about people using supported decision-making.
This guide by the Autistic Self Advocacy Network explains supported decision-making, guardianship, and laws about decision-making in an easy-read format.