We need your help to pass the Massachusetts SDM bill before time runs out!
We need YOU to make two phone calls to express your support for the SDM bill (H. 4349/S.2490)!
The Massachusetts legislature has been working hard on the state’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, but as the session ends we do not want to miss the opportunity to pass the important and cost-saving SDM bill.
House and Senate Committee Chairs needs to hear your voice! Contact key legislators below today to tell them you support the Supported Decision-Making bill.
- Contact Chairman of Senate Ways and Means Sen. Michael J. Rodrigues at (617) 722-1114 Michael.Rodrigues@masenate.gov
- Contact Chairman of House Bills in the Third Reading Rep. Theodore Speliotis at (617) 722-2410 Theodore.Speliotis@mahouse.gov
Here is what you can say on the call:
- Tell them your name and where you live. (If you are a constituent of the legislator you are calling, be sure to tell them that)
- I am calling to express my support for the Supported Decision-Making legislation: H. 4349/S.2490.
- SDM is important to me because… (Here you can explain who you are and why decision-making for people with disabilities is important to you. Are you a person who uses SDM? Do you have a loved one who uses SDM or would like to? etc.)
- This bill will save money by reducing court costs!
- I urge the House and Senate to pass this important bill.
- If they have questions, you can refer them to Anna Krieger at the Center for Public Representation: 617-965-0776