The Massachusetts Supported Decision-Making bill continues to be on the move in the Senate! The Joint Committee on Children, Families and Persons with Disabilities has favorably reported the Senate version of the bill to the Senate Committee on Ways and Means. We applaud the Joint Committee Chairwoman Kay Khan for moving this bill forward. We urge the Senate Committee on Ways and Means to move this important bill forward.
Make sure the legislature hears from you about how important an SDM bill is in Massachusetts!
House and Senate leadership needs to hear your voice! Contact key legislators below today to tell them you support the Supported Decision-Making bill.
Contact Chairman of Ways and Means Sen. Michael J. Rodrigues at (617) 722-1114 Michael.Rodrigues@masenate.gov
Contact Senate President Karen Spilka at (617) 722-1500 Karen.Spilka@masenate.gov
Contact Speaker Robert DeLeo at (617) 722-2500 Robert.DeLeo@mahouse.gov
Contact Majority Leader Ronald Mariano at (617) 722-2300 Ronald.Mariano@mahouse.gov
Contact Speaker Pro Tempore Patricia A. Haddad at (617) 722-2600 Patricia.Haddad@mahouse.gov
Contact Rep. Theodore Speliotis at (617) 722-2410 Theodore.Speliotis@mahouse.gov
Here is what you can say on the call:
- Tell them your name and where you live. (If you are a constituent of the legislator you are calling, be sure to tell them that)
- I am calling to express my support for the Supported Decision-Making legislation: H. 4349/S.2490.
- SDM is important to me because… (Here you can explain who you are and why decision-making for people with disabilities is important to you. Are you a person who uses SDM? Do you have a loved one who uses SDM or would like to? etc.)
- I urge the House and Senate to pass this important bill.
- If they have questions, you can refer them to Anna Krieger at the Center for Public Representation: 617-965-0776
If you’d rather write a letter you can send a letter by email to SDM@cpr-ma.org about why you support SDM legislation in Massachusetts and we will share it with the legislators!