We are excited to report that the Massachusetts SDM legislation has passed favorably out of the Joint Committee on Children, Families and Persons with Disabilities.
CPR is grateful for the leadership of our bill sponsors Senator Joan Lovely, Representative Aaron Vega, and Representative Paul Tucker; Chairwoman Khan; Chairwoman Chang-Diaz; and members of the committee who passed the bill unanimously. We will continue to advocate for the bill when it moves to the next phase of the legislative process and look forward to working with our coalition on this effort.
Thank you to the members of the Massachusetts Advocates for Supported Decision-Making Coalition for their support and advocacy.
Massachusetts Advocates for Supported Decision-Making Coalition members are:
- Advocates, Inc.
- The Arc of Massachusetts
- Boston Center for Independent Living
- Center for Public Representation
- Disability Law Center of Massachusetts
- Greater Boston Legal Services
- Massachusetts Advocates Standing Strong
- Massachusetts Association for Mental Health
- Massachusetts Developmental Disabilities Council
- Massachusetts Families Organizing for Change
- Massachusetts Guardianship Policy Institute
- Mental Health Legal Advisors Committee
- North Shore Elder Services
- Northeast Justice Center