Disability Rights Maine’s dedicated SDM website containing overview of SDM, links to resources, and DRM’s user guide to SDM.
Article describing law passed in Peru on September 4, 2018 recognizing that people with disabilities have full legal capacity and the concept of support and safeguards.
News article describing first woman in Indiana to regain decision-making rights in favor of SDM.
See also article in Indiana Lawyer.
Disability Services Reform Amendment Act of 2018 of the District Columbia establishing supported decision-making in the District.
Law review article describing process of passage of SDM legislation Texas.
A special issue of TASH Connections on Supported Decision-Making. Articles include:
- Supported Decision Making and Deinstitutionalization: Lessons Learned from the Autistic Self Advocacy Network’s
Invitational Summit by Kelly Israel
- Supported Decision-Making for People with Disabilities: International Origins and Influences by Robert D. Dinerstein
- Supported Decision-Making: Legal Basis and Practical Application by Robert D. Fleischner
- Reflections on Autonomy by Dohn Hoyle
- Supported Decision-Making in Tennessee by Lauren Pearson
- Supported Decision-Making and Alternatives to Guardianship by Families by Kathy Brill
Wisconsin’s supported decision-making statute. WIS. STAT. ANN. § 52.01(6) (West, Westlaw through 2017 Act 370).
Law review article providing overview of use of SDM internationally.
Delaware’s supported decision-making statute. DEL. CODE ANN. tit. 16, § 9403a(8) (West, Westlaw through 82 Laws 2019, ch. 4).
Law review article discussing the role of elders in the SDM movement.